Tuesday 29 July 2014

Cheesy

What if there was a person who could say just the right things to you.

I miss you.

I don't want to lose you.

Give me a chance.

I ache with every moment you're out of my life.

What if he would be the better in most of the "is it better" scenarios. What if he would fetch the moon for you if you asked. What if you knew your life would never be dull with him. What if he could be everything you ever wanted.


But your heart just doesn't skip a beat for him. What if the remains of your trust in love would hang on to something else. Someone else. What if you had been hurt so many times that you couldn't trust any word of sweet nothings he whispered in your ear. What if he made you even more confused than you already were.

What if you just plainly assumed he could "turn the shadow of things into things and change every lie to truth". What if you were filled with so much doubt that you couldn't trust anyone who says they like you.

I know this is a silly song but the lyrics fit my mood. 



I saw a crappy movie the other day. It was barely watchable and it was utterly cheesy (even for me) but it had one good line that saved the whole movie:

I want to be able to look at you and not be so hurt by you.

Even though I haven't had that many men in my life, I come with baggage. My baggage are the trust issues. I keep thinking "what if I believe him now, how much of a fool will I feel myself when he betrays me?" or "what if this one doesn't treat me well either, what if I waste too many years yet again with a relationship that ends?". Who am I to say to people that they will find someone, that there is someone out there, when I'm not sure about that for myself?

How does one heal a broken heart especially when it's your own?

We're not looking for someone perfect. Not the one who wins several rounds of "is it better". We want someone who makes us giggle and gives us sweaty palms. We want someone we can dream about. We don't want the real thing although we wish for it to be real. We want something magical.

But in the end we just want something. Not anything but something. We need it and we crave for it. And we just have to hope that person dances well with our demons because we can't know that for sure beforehand. We desperately don't want to end up alone.

We're on a small and sinking boat in the middle of the wide ocean with the only choices to either drink the salty water and hope we'll survive or not drink anything at all and hope we can last long enough to be saved.

4 comments:

  1. My lady. It appears you hope/demand the other party to make all the moves. And if I am not mistaken he does not even know you are interested. This does not look promising. If, of course, you are not even intending it would, that is.

    But I have something for you, apart from vittuilu. Can help with that baggage and trust issues.

    Treat it as a game with outcomes: eternal love/love & break-up. Now do you really want to spoil the love with doubt? Even if you get cheated. If you count it through, that way you lose every fukin time. Even in eternal love. You don't want that.

    I leave you with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3cW6UWojO0

    Please, do not judge a book by it's cover. My lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish there was a word for "vittuilu" in English. Such a great word.

      Cheek, seriously? But message recieved. There are few lines that are worth listening to. "Courage/bravery is not being unafraid", for example. And "winners are not afraid to lose".

      I like the idea of your game. It has a tiny little fault though. The assumption there is eternal love. What if there is not? How many times can one be let down? Is the chance really worth the incertainty? What if I do lose every single time? I guess I've already spoiled it with doubt.

      Delete
    2. I always thought that you believed that all love is eternal? Because of when you say "if there's life after love, it wasn't love to begin with" in reply to "Do you believe in life after love?". This would suggest that love is eternal, because if it stops, it wasn't love at all. I don't believe this, however, and I think that you can fall out of love but neither is it a discrete state. It's not true or false, it way more than that. I also believe that there isn't just one type of love, there's the love that you mean when you saying "I love you" after being with a partner for a significant while, whether you mean it or not, it's a status. And there's the love that you feel, the indescribable love deep down which you can't shake for better or for worse.
      So is love eternal? Probably not always as a current state of feeling. You could say it's eternal if you say you'll always love the special person that you met, even if they change and you fall out of love with the new person later on. That love will always be there for the old them.
      But, I'm rambling, and I think love is far more complex than a blog post or even a whole series of blog posts and comments, but we know this.
      I think the mistake we often make is restricting love to just that one thing that you search for. It comes in many forms, and you almost certainly won't experience them all.
      I not really sure you can spoil love with doubt. You can waste it, choose to ignore it but it'll still be there, else it's not really love.You can spoil a relationship with doubt though, as it takes more than just love for a successful relationship; there's trust, respect etc. that are all part of the equation.
      Just my thoughts on a Sunday morning! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete