Sunday 29 June 2014

After you

Watching romantic comedies usually makes me feel all fuzzy inside. I could never be unhappy watching Love Actually. But today I watched a movie called About Time. It's a story about this guy who can travel back in time and he uses his extraordinary skill to find love. Like in most romantic stories, it's mostly about the humour a couple can share together. It made me think is that really the most important thing there is in love. Could you be in love with someone you didn't find funny?

Another thing about that movie was that one of the characters wanted to have this song to be played at his funeral:




For years I've known more clearly how I want my funeral to be like than how I'd like to have my wedding. If I die peacefully, I want to have an open casket at my funeral. I've never seen a dead body in my life and I'd like to give that opportunity to others. If I get smashed in a car crash or something like that, I would like to donate as much parts of my body to any medical stuff that would need those.

Like most of the people, I would like my funeral to be a happy occasion where people would think of all the fun moments we've had. I would like my internetian friends be there too or then light a candle at my favourite spot in Azeroth. It's silly but I would like that - and hey, it's my funeral. I expect my brother to deal with all the internet crap anyway, deleting my accounts and whatnot. For anything else there's a notebook on my bookshelf, half white, half black and all the other specifics are there. Carnations would be nice. I would like to be buried in that lovely dress my sister made for me for that one dance we had in gymnasium. I would care a lot what happens to my computer, books, paintings and other scribbles, all the rest is crap and can be donated to someone who actually needs it. Except that little penguin on my bookshelf... It's important but I don't know what to do with it. And I don't think slide shows are stupid, btw. Totally OK at my funeral.

And of course I want this song to be played at my funeral:


I have few recordings of me singing on my computer. If you play those, I will come back and haunt you. But in a nice way. Like cuddle you when you sleep, leaving you with a feeling of utter loneliness when you wake up.

How would you like your funeral to go? What song would you like to be played at your funeral? Do you have an insurance that will cover the costs? Do you know that you wont leave a burden behind when you die with all the unfinished business? Did you remember to wear clean underwear, just in case it happens today?

No comments:

Post a Comment