Wednesday 4 September 2013

Mondays

It's maintenance day in the eu-realms if you're wondering "why doesn't this person have better things to do but keep posting crap here".

This was written on a Monday 24th September 2012:

Happy monday everyone!

...and it sure feels like one. You probably know the mornings when everything sucks and you just feel bad and depressed. If I could come up with a good reason to stay home and not attend to classes today, I would. Blah!

I was thinking that to celebrate the new expansion, I could reminisce some memorable moments of my wow-gaming-history. This also always makes me feel better when I'm down.

I remember the first day I started WoW. It was right before Cataclysm and I was moving from Runes of Magic to Azeroth. Few of my irl-friends showed me around and also all of their mounts and pets. That's just how it goes.

The first character I truly played was actually my third character. A troll hunter. I remember one time a guild recruiter answered my polite refusal, and it shocked me so much that I rode my dinosaur to a fountain. I ended up in the same guild, but sadly it got disbanded for hollow drama. So I kinda stopped playing that character.

I even had a twink once. A nelf hunter. With that character I had many fun times in BG's and random dungeons. I liked to play that char in BG's so that left my pet down in the flagroom and myself went to the roof and shadowmelted. Then I watched the minimap for incoming badguys and laughed at their surprise after they actually noticed something was wrong. I also like to drink an in-game drink that shows to the opposite side so they could thin "oh gawd, not that crazy hunter again". Once I also was the battleground leader for some mysterious chance and I was so proud of myself when I got the team to play together and leave the bickering behind. We won that match and some even thanked me, can you believe it! Another fun moment was when me and a holypaladin (who kinda took me under his wing) decided to go to the center to mess around. I didn't have much time to look what buttons I was pushing, just kept strumming the keyboard. The two of us could keep five-six players in that battle. A druid got the flag and a rogue kept our base, easybreazy! We won 3 to 0 and it might have been the fastest BG I've ever been.

One of the funniest moments happened few days ago when me and some other guildmates were doing random WotLK dungeons and a rogue happened to join the group. I think his head was lacking brains and instead filled with nutwax. At the last boss our tank was already so irritated that when this super hero ran to battle without us, we just stand by to watch him get the last rites. The rogue kept crying why we didn't help him and we tried to explain that he had misbehaved, but those who do don't ever want to hear that they do. Apparently, according to his words, we lost the best dps and all that crap. Surprisingly we were able to clear the boss without the rogue and in concert we decided to let the dead rogue think what he had done. The feeling of righteous judgement was filling all of us - and a tiny drop of remorse being so impolite not to ress.

Memorable was also the moment when I in an RP realm stumbled on two worgens, really close together, without clothes, on a very isolated cliff without talking or moving. Because I was on the horde side then, something possessed me I just couldn't help my self to jump around them for a little while. Childishness doesn't has no boundaries, right?

 I've been to dozens of dungeons where in have came and gone more than ten people only me being the one who started the actual run. I remember once telling to a newcomer what had happened in that run and he asked me to stop after a while because according to his words it was getting hard to play with laughter-tears in his eyes. (Too bad I don't remember anymore all the fun stuff that happened in that run.)

Once me with a goblin character participated in mass-world-pvp by cheering our side and hugging the enemies. Even thought it was fun too, maybe one day I will be brave enough to actually participate with a max level char to those events. These may seem ordinary events to most players, but I can't say I really remember those situations when something epic has dropped and I certainly don't want to remember doing the achievement for Ambassador right before the everything became account wide... That title doesn't mean anything anymore if it's on a low level character so total waste of effort. Best moments have been those when something an expected has happened and those moments I've enjoyed the most.

Have fun trying out the new pandas!

I did try pandas too and can't say they're my favourite race. They look awesome when I see them around the game moving so smoothly, but can't play one myself. Also I like that not every race and character has to be skinny and pretty. They can also be fluffy and cute. Like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment