Wednesday 4 September 2013

Dawn rises at the battlefront

My shampoo and conditioner smells like kids chewing gum. You know the ones that have way too much sugar in them? For all the stalkers out there, if you ever wanna know how I smell like this is what you need to do: Buy a pack of Hubba Bubba, strawberry flavored. Put someone else to chew it (why should your teeth suffer for what your nose wants to know) and stick your nose in that persons mouth. Tadaa! It's like me fresh from the shower. Enjoy!

This was written on Saturday 22th of September 2012:

These days it feels like I always wake up earlier than I really should. Like today, I could have stayed in bed sleeping sweetly and long, but after six hours of sleep my eyes just wouldn't stay shut. So there I am, all drowsy, sitting infront of the computer, desperetly running around Outland trying to find few lousy nodes. But that usually gives me time to think. Winamp plays a Finnish band called Turmion Kätilöt (roughly translated: the midwives of destruction) and a song called Liitto (union). It makes me grinch to listen to the words. "Bring food / without mouth the masses yell / and changes dinner / to guns and material" and of course the part "union lasts and the masses whore".

I don't know what the guys were thinking making these lyrics, but to me it really sounds like a social statement. Many times I find myself thinking about "social contract" (as a philosophical term) and how hard it would be to break it. We are stuck in the gears of the system, where only the few have a mouth and even less have the voice of reason. The mental image of a politician is a fat, puffy man, staring at his own belly. Give me everything I can grab- attitude is the label in many polticians foreheads. There's no screening when it comes to parliament, any kind of hobo can get in and people keep voting. Don't get me wrong, I understand nothing about politics. But doesn't it tell something that a regular joe like me feels this way?

So. How to get rid of social contract? How can you resign from it, if you don't want to be a standby-person when bad things happens? Everyone of us is tied to the nation we live in, it's difficult to go anywhere else and comparing to lot of countries, Finland is a safe place to live so I wouldn't want to leave. I love this nation, I could even call myself some kind of nationalist. Not an extremist, more like modern and peaceful lover of the nation. Here I am then: loving a country where the decision-makers puts the money in their own pockets or wastes it somewhere else.

Here I am, reading newspapers about people treating the elderly horribly, domestic violence, shutting down police departments and sharing dividends among the already rich. Here I am, reading and hearing comments that are racist, discriminating and sometimes outright crazy. All this talk about welfare state (finnish word is hyvinvointivaltio = well being state), but the people in it are not feeling well. It's a nation where poverty is factitious, alcoholism is ok, smokers are the cancer of the humankind, students should graduate and start working sooner and "the work" leads to the counter of employment agency. Here I am, in a country that doesn't have enough workforce, but discriminates by the age, face and race. Here is the nation that makes you believe overqualified can't do shitwork but they also say that there's always work for the hard working. Here is the nation, where traveling by train costs the same as traveling by plane. Here is the nation, where a dog can't do it's business in the woods and here's the nation where a pig lives a short and painful life before ending up in the counter of the leading chain. Just to give you few examples.

Then again, those supranational chains that encourages on wasting and spending gives steady jobs. So I suggest an "organic food benefit" for all the citizens from the government and support the lives of happy pigs. The choice is consumers, your nation is not going to do it for you. I'll try to buy a little more expensive organic meat and save somewhere else, like from Hollywood entertainment. 
This ended up to be a totally overwhelming babbling session, even though it was only supposed to raise up the question about social contract and when has the citizen the right to not give support to the governing side. Also this is my peaceful way of asking when it's a good time to start building barricades?

Think. You can always think even if you don't take part.

Must have been a bad day for me, but what can I say... It's never too late to start thinking!
Did you notice it was the second post and it's not about WoW? Bad blogger, bad bad blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment