Tuesday 10 February 2015

Dragonborn

A person who has a banker alt that sometimes sit beside a certain mailbox in Stormwind and is a guild leader, who in real has dark hair, likes metal, lives in Funland, likes to sing and thinks lyrics are important, is allergic to cats and in certain light seems relatively funny... sounds familiar? Who do you think I'm describing? Yup, not me. Let me start from the beginning.

Once upon a time, a cute little gnome settled in Stormwind and made a nest at a mailbox. She sits there almost every day and being all cuddlywuddly has many friends that stops by to say hi or give a quick hug. Many other people in their suits go by and some of them stops to chat with this gnome of ours. One of them is a tall man with a terrible hairstyle. They always talk about business or the weather or anything casual. This goes on for months and months. A new world is found and the city grows quiet. The gnome thinks that is why she hasn't seen her banker friend for a while. Time goes by and no sight of her friend. She asks around and even sends a letter to her friend, worried as she gets the more time passes.


One day she gets a reply, the player of that banker friend informs the player of the gnome that he has been doing other stuff but is back in the game now. Few days passes before they meet with their characters at the mailbox again. They chat and decide to exchange better contact info. In WoW that means giving out battletag names which means one can see the other player when ever they are online and on whatever character. It was long due for the heroes of our story. The real gnome behind the computer screen thought this friend of hers might actually be a girl and young. Nope, it turns out. It's a dude. Around her age.


Abort, abort, abort! Or what ever you do, do not - I repeat - DO NOT flirt with him. You have lately gotten your ass handed to you, don't you dare to suck this person into your mess. So friends? Friends. Friends are good. Especially if they like cats and music.

I, Luci, have a very bad habit of making geeky guys kneel in front of me. I usually tell the poor guys that I eat little boys for breakfast. I explain that it is advised to be careful around me since I can get pretty flirtatious and let's face it, I have a dirty mind and I'm not afraid to use it. I try to stay clear from the chat-traps (I've listed these before when I talked about how to know if someone is interested in you online) but I sometimes put the traps up myself and then walk to them. Here's an example (shortened from the actual conversation):

He: I'm a dragon, I don't have cheeks
Me: I imagine you as the dragon from Shrek
He: But that's a girl
Me: And I'm quite the ass

*bangs her head against the table* Luciiii! Noooo! What the hell is wrong with you?! Those are just the things that will get you into trouble. *sigh* Dude, chill.


That's all this time. Stay tuned for a special Valentine's extravaganza with awesome pics from the interwebs!

2 comments:

  1. That's not a good example, because it's not really flirting. I would see it as making jokes, on the other hand I have my share of guys who thought I was coming on to them on the internet. So maybe my opinion doesn't need to be taken too seriusly.
    Elina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is flirting in the sense that I suggested I could be his donkey, like in the movie.

      Delete