Wednesday 17 December 2014

Can I crash and burn on you?


Online dating has many horrible things. First of all you have to be very good at reading between the lines to get any sense what kind of person you are getting to know at. Secondly you make judgement by how well the other person photographs and with Tinder the dating world is even more about looks. Thirdly there's the horrendous moment when you have to meet a complete stranger and awkwardly try to come up with something to talk about or to do. And then lastly the point when either one doesn't really feel anything and how to let someone down easy.

I've been on too many blind dates compared to my quite shy and girl-next-door character. I always agree on the date if it happens in a public place and I try to keep a quick getaway plan in mind if it doesn't go well. So far all the dates I've been on has been okay. Not perf but decent enough. Most of them are just going for drinks or coffee but once this guy took me to a fleamarket. I've told about guys that haven't really fit me, but now there's something new in the air...

I've been chatting with this guy who seems too good to be true. He had laughed at EVERY joke I've made, and as you know dear reader, I'm not even that funneh. He has brown button eyes, my one weakness. He has as dirty mind as I do, but isn't after just one thing. And I know this because he wants to take me out for ice cream. ICE freaking CREAM! In winter. Who would do that? How did he knew I LOOOOOVE ice cream?!

 

So I'm obviously excited. More excited than I've ever been about a blind date. In my head there's this little loud person yelling "There's gotta be something wrong with him! You're not that lucky!". Maybe he is shorter than I am. Maybe he has weird ticks. Maybe he is a total misongynist. Maybe he never washes up and has a filthy hair. Maybe he is a slacker that can't take care of himself. Or worse: he is a momma's boy. Or maybe he is an alcoholic. Or worst case scenario: he would be perfect and he wouldn't like me.

I already told him my most embarrasing stuffz. Like that I play WoW or that I like Star Trek more than Star Wars. And he still wants to meet me. Weird, ehh? Do you ever get that tinkling feeling that something is about to happen? And you know it's gonna be good, at least for a moment. For me this is something like that. I'm pretty certain that now I'm going to crash and burn.


This may or may not be it for me. Good bye cruel world! It was nice knowing you!

(don't worry, you can read about my horrible date in the next post and listen to me whine more about single life in the future)

(and weirdly enough, the time I've been single, I've never been happier and more balanced in my life. do I even want to go on a potential date and ruin it all?)

(maybe I should just chicken out...)

(haha, as if I would pass on ice cream!)

No comments:

Post a Comment