Friday 27 March 2015

My life is a parody

Lately I've been totally focusing on work and school. Totally. Ahem.

So what I've really been doing is writing WoW parodies of famous songs. It seems like I'm most of the times inspired to write something and since my single life has ended and there's not much to tell about me in the blog (without invading someone else privacy too), I've been focusing my writing elsewhere. I've been actually playing a lot more lately. Not just logging on and chatting but really playing. That's what I get from dating another WoW player.


Maybe next time I'll post my parody lyrics for you, but this time I thought I would spend this space on linking you the best parodies there are. In no particular order, here we go.


Ember Isolte - Ninja raiders (original "Single ladies")

I think Ember Isolte is very good and I enjoy listening to her songs. Music to my ears...



Sharm - Alexstrasza (original "Alejandro")

I don't really like Sharm since she uses so much voice alteration in her songs but this is so impressive lorewise that it can't be dismissed.



Chorister - You give PUGS a bad name (original "You give love a bad name")

Chorister (Darkpippi) has an awesome raspy voice and he does rock parodies. Awesomesauce.



Nyhm, Gigi, the Druidboyz - If You Could Be (is this their original? I don't recognise the song)

Gigi has a fun bubbly voice that can get irritating if listened for too long. But she sounds like she is smiling when she's singing and I think that's a good quality.



Silver Letomi - I'm OP (original "Happy")

Letomi has a great voice. But I don't like any other song from her. Weird, ain't it? But I guess this proves music needs a bit more heart than just beautiful voice.



Quelyth - A different love song (original "Lean back")

I like this one because it has so much attitude and girl power.


There are lots of good other parodies too. Or at least singers, like TamaLala, Kavo and Seiren. But it's not that often witty lyrics meet a good singer. Meaning: there are plenty of funny songs out there that sounds bad but are worth the listen because of the wordplay. Maybe one day I'll do one of my own and then you can trash that.

But until then, here is my favourite and my good morning song.

Lodroth - Manypenny (original the Sponge Bob theme song)

No comments:

Post a Comment